Monday, March 22, 2010

Things fall apart...

We took a step back last week, removing the water from the pan and replacing it with litter. After as week of once again slowly reducing the litter in the pan, we're back to no litter in the pan and a small amount of water. Unfortunately, this also means the cats are back to making messes elsewhere in the bathroom. Sometimes it's right next to the toilet, sometimes it's on the shelf, and today it was in the wastebasket. I'm not sure what to do next here, because they use the toilet sometimes, but not others. I hate to keep backing up a step if they're just being obstinate and could really figure this out. I don't know. I continue to try to keep every possible place the cats might want to go to the bathroom blocked off or covered up, but it's starting to prove difficult. Pet stores sell a pre-made liner that allows you to make an increasingly larger hole in it, and I'm considering moving to this method if the makeshift liner doesn't work. Other than that, I'm kind of at a loss. I'm becoming discouraged.

In other news, all the pets got a bath today. Caddie puts up with it, but the cats, understandably, hated it. Maybe that's why they're not cooperating with their toilet training today! Check Franklin out in all his post-bath glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment